Finding a water-saving shower head that doesn't compromise on water pressure or luxury can make your shower both enjoyable and economical. Some of the best water-saving shower heads on the market today come from PureAction, Waterpik, Cobbe, Jonkean, and Wassern.
To help you navigate the crowded market of shower heads, we've rounded up a handful that are worth installing in your bathroom. Our goal is to help you have a shower that conserves water and provides a comfortable supply of water pressure. Its possible to have the best of both worlds!
Our Top Picks for the Best Water-Saving Shower Heads
A good shower head shouldn't just be about water conservation or reducing your household bills. It should also be about providing a luxurious bathing experience. Our top choices for water-saving shower heads ensure you'll meet both of these requirements.
WASSERN High-Pressure Handheld Shower Head
Wassern's high-pressure shower head is a handheld shower head that can save water and deliver an impressive spray. This shower head comes with seven settings and an ergonomic grip handle, plus it's easy to install and requires no tools.
The Wassern shower head has exceptional quality and is made with a stainless steel hose and has a solid brass ball joint. According to the Wassern website, all of their products come with a lifetime warranty.
There are two options for water pressure, it has a high-powered 2.5 GPM flow and a lesser 1.8 GPM which is designed for California use. You'll also get to choose between four finishes, including matte black, brushed nickel, chrome, and gold, and the corrosion-resistant seal coating ensures you'll get years of use.
The shower head and arm measure 10-inches by 5.2-inches and it comes with a lengthy 80-inch hose and adjustable bracket for ease of use.
- 7 spray settings, including power spray and water-saving trickle
- Adjustable overhead bracket with a solid brass ball joint for easy change of direction
- Touch clean nozzle and anti-clogging design for easy maintenance
- High pressure 2.5 GPM flow control, and a water saving option of 1.8 GPM
- 80-inch stainless steel hose
JONKEAN High-Pressure Shower Head
The Jonkean high-pressure shower head is both budget-friendly and water-conserving to ensure an enjoyable bathing experience. Made with ABS with a solid brass ball its surprisingly durable.
There are three settings, including rainfall, jetting, and massage, which makes it a great choice for showering, washing pets, or even cleaning.
This affordable high-pressure shower head uses over 300 small pinholes which allows it to spray harder, yet conserve water at the same time. And, according to Jonkean, it can save up to 30% of your regular shower head's water use. It even has a pause button which allows you to stop the flow of water and the opportunity to conserve.
The Jonkean high-pressure shower head also features a detachable head which can be scaled and cleaned as needed. Unfortunately, there are fewer models (3) to choose between compared to many competitors, but if you're not into too many bells and whistles, this shower head is a great choice.
Installation is easy and it's suitable for showers with G 1/2" interface standards and the tools you need are included. You can choose from either a black or chrome design, and although this is a budget friendly shower head, it'll still deliver a powerful spray.
- ABS construction with solid brass ball for the shower head joint
- Detachable head and removable parts for easy cleaning
- Connected with G 1/2" interface and all tools and instructions for DIY installation
- 3 shower spray modes, including massage and rainfall, and an eco-pause button to stop the flow of water
- 334 pinholes ensures the shower head delivers a powerful spray while conserving water
- Black and chrome color designs
COBBE LED Shower Head
If you're wanting clean and filtered water coming from your shower head, then the Cobbe LED shower head is the way to go. This shower head features filter stones in the arm which removes impurities, chlorine, and heavy metals, and offers the benefits of healthier skin. The shower head is made with ABS environmental material and measures 8.27 x 3.54 inches in total.
Let's face it, the LED light is just cool! It'll show you the temperature of the water by the color of light displayed. A green light means the water is 88°F or less; a blue indicates the water is between 89° and 110°F; and red alerts you that the temperature is above 111°F. It's a great safety feature, especially for young children and the elderly.
The unique nozzle design means you get high pressure while saving up to 35% of the water a regular shower head would use. If you're looking for a money and energy saving wall mounted shower head, it's hard to beat the Cobbe LED. Combined with active filtration and LED safety lighting, this shower head is one of the best in its price range.
- ABS environmental material construction of shower head and arm
- Shower head measures 8.27 x 3.54 inches
- Easy, no plumber installation method for DIY enthusiasts
- Built in LED light changes to indicate the water temperature
- Filtration rocks help to purify water and remove chlorine and heavy metals
PUREACTION Luxury Filtered Shower Head
PureAction has designed a purifying shower accessory that saves water with their luxury filtered shower head. Made with a durable chrome plated ABS plastic and stainless steel, it's durable without being too hefty, and its built solidly without any chance of leaking. PureAction stands behind its quality with a 12-month warranty.
The PureAction luxury filtered shower head comes with an inline filter and the ability to replace this after a few months of use. The filter reduces contents like fluoride, heavy metals, sediments, and more, so your skin will only be washed with the purest water. In addition, the unique design of the shower head attachment increases the pH on your skin, which can help with issues such as eczema and dandruff.
There are three settings, including rain, massage, and combo, and all the settings use less water than a regular shower head.
Installing the PureAction luxury filtered shower head requires no tools or plumbing knowledge and can be done in minutes, meaning you can start enjoying your new shower right away. PureAction also includes a gift box, Teflon tape, manual, hose and holder, and one filter with the shower head. It delivers great value for the money.
- ABS plastic and stainless-steel construction with a durable chrome plated finish
- 3 spray settings: Rain, massage, and combination
- Built-in replaceable filtration system reduces heavy metals, chlorine, and sediments
- Covered by a 12-month manufacturer's warranty and money-back guarantee
- Includes Teflon tape, manual, handheld hose, shower head holder, filter, and gift box
- DIY installation and no tools are required to set up the shower head
LUXSEGO Filtered Shower Head
The Luxsego filtered shower head combines water purity with water conservation in an easy DIY package. With a built-in water filtration system made of natural mineral beads, you'll be guaranteed only the purest bathing experience, with a reduction in heavy metals and sediment from your shower water.
The shower head and bracket are made with durable ABS and stainless steel and feature a unique blue transparent design, so you can see the inner workings of the shower head.
Luxsego gives you three water settings to choose between, including jetting, massage, and rainfall. Not only are there options in the water spray style, but you'll also get an improved water pressure rating, with the ability to save up to 30% water when compared to a traditional shower head.
Installation is easy with this shower head and it's compatible with the standard G 1/2" shower unit. You won't need any tools and it's as simple as screwing in a lightbulb. Luxsego claims the shower head can be installed in just one minute.
Although the ABS construction can make it feel flimsy compared to those made of stainless steel, thousands of customers have vouched for its quality and how effectively it sprays and conserves water at the same time. It comes included with a gift box, Teflon tape, shower head, wall bracket, and replacement hose, making it one of the best value options on the market today.
- Natural filtration system with mineral beads included, excellent at removing impurities
- Luxsego promises a 200% harder water pressure and 30% savings on your water usage
- 3 spray setting to choose between, including rainfall, jetting, and massage
- Detachable shower head with a wall-mounted bracket
- Easy DIY installation with no tools required and compatible with G 1/2" shower setup
- Comes with Teflon tape, shower head, bracket, replacement hose, and gift box
WATERPIK Handheld Shower Head
The Waterpik handheld shower head is an affordable, hard plastic shower head and it offers both water-saving abilities and a higher pressure water flow. With four water settings to choose between, you can shower using the power spray, pulsating massage, power spray, and massage combination, or water-saving trickle.
The shower head can be installed in just a few minutes, with no need to access the plumbing and it doesn't require tape to keep it from leaking.
It comes with a five-foot hose, so it's easy to do everything from washing your dog to cleaning the shower. The Waterpik handheld shower head can be used at home or in an RV or even a portable shower, and with four types of water flow, it's a versatile water-saving option.
- Water flow rating of 1.6 GPM, with a low-flow water-saving design
- 4 water settings, including full body massage and low-flow water trickle
- Lengthy 5-foot shower hose
- Full plastic construction with chrome plating for a sleeker look
- DIY installation with no plumbing or taping required for a leak-free setup
- Can be used in a home bathroom or portable bathroom
HIGH SIERRA All Metal Low Flow Shower Head
The High Sierra all-metal low-flow shower head is a durable and stylish water-conserving shower head. It's available in a range of colors and water flow capacities. This wall-mounted shower head is fairly easy to install by a home DIYer with only a flat-jaw wrench, and once installed it'll deliver years of faithful service.
Unfortunately, there's no way to adjust the water flow on any of High Sierra's shower heads, so you'll need to select the one that suits you best. It comes in four different water pressure options, including 1.25, 1.5, 1.8, and 2.0 GPM. The 1.5 GPM option is the best choice for water conservation since it delivers a decent flow and is capable of using 40% less water than a traditional shower head.
The unique nozzle design will never clog and can be easily cleaned, making it one of the best low-maintenance options on the market.
High Sierra makes all of its products in the US and this shower head is constructed with all metal which makes it both durable and long-lasting.
You can choose between four different finishes, including polished brass, brushed nickel, oil-rubbed bronze, and chrome. If you need to customize a water-saving shower head for your specific needs, the High Sierra all-metal low-flow style is one of the best around.
- Constructed with solid metal on all parts of the shower head and bracket
- Uses up to 40% less water thanks to the patented low flow nozzle design
- 4 water pressure ratings to choose between
- Clog-free nozzle won't become blocked and requires less cleaning
- High Sierra's shower heads and other accessories are all made in the USA
- A choice of 4 design materials
Water Saving Shower Head FAQs
A water-saving shower head can be an excellent investment for your bathroom, but before you buy one, it pays to do your research. Here are some frequently asked questions about these shower heads to help you find the right one for you.
Do Water Saving Shower Heads Work?
Yes, water-saving shower heads are effective at reducing the amount of water dispensed, which could result in up to 100 gallons of water conserved each day, depending on the type of shower head. You can choose ones that offer a high-pressure water flow as well.
How Much Water Does a Water Saving Head Save?
According to the EPA, the average American family can save 2,700 gallons of water per year by installing a WaterSense shower head. In addition, you'll also see savings with energy usage as electricity or gas is needed to heat the water.
How Do I Reduce the Water in my Shower?
The best way to reduce water usage in your shower is to install a water-conserving shower head and limit yourself to a three-minute wash each time. These special shower heads slow down the flow of water and direct it in a spray that still feels as though it's high pressure. The result is hundreds of gallons of water saved each week for the average household.
Do High-Pressure Shower Heads Use More Water?
A high-pressure shower head doesn't have to use more water than a traditional one, as they've been designed to spray water more forcibly while using less of it. Some high-pressure shower heads will use considerably more water, but if you shop for a water-saving design, this can be avoided.
Last update on 2022-11-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API