The Layla Mattress is worth a serious look, and if you haven't considered a bed-in-the-box, you'll be pleasantly surprised. Layla offers several unique features, such as copper infusion and a Thermo-Gel infused cover, but maybe the most motivating of all is the confidence the company puts behind their product. With a generous 4-month in home trial, coupled with a lifetime warranty, you just can't go wrong!
Layla is unique in that it's designed with both a soft top layer and a firm top layer (and no, that wasn't a typo, you read it right, it has 2 top layers!) If you like a softer mattress you'll want the soft layer on top, but if you want a firm mattress. simply flip the mattress over.
Let's take a closer look at the 4-high quality foam layers:
Copper Infused Memory Foam
Both the soft and firm side of the mattress is made with copper infused memory foam. It is not only unique to Layla, but it also provides many benefits.
What is Memory Foam?
Memory foam is a high-density polyurethane foam developed by NASA to protect our astronauts from g-forces. Pressure points, such as hips and shoulders, are less stressed since the mattress will mold itself to your physique. The result is better distribution of pressure over more of your body's surface area.
There are 4 main reasons Layla uses copper in their mattresses:
- Conductivity - As you sleep, the copper rapidly transfers your body's heat to the mattress where it quickly dissipate leaving you cool and comfortable.
- Variable Support - When you lie on the mattress the memory foam compresses and the copper cells begin to interact with each other. This results in a firming response in areas such as your hips and shoulders where there's greater compression.
- Antimicrobial - Copper is known for it's ability to kill or inactivate microbes. Say goodbye to things like bacteria, fungi, molds and viruses, the company claims that the copper cells will form an anti-bacterial/anti-viral barrier when compressed.
- Promotes Health and Wellness - Many people believe that copper releases positive ions which can reduce stiffness and improve circulation.
Not only does Layla's cover have a sharp looking hexagon pattern stitched into the material, it's also infused with Thermo-Gel. It is cool to the touch and when you perspire, the Thermo-Gel activates as it begins to cool when humidity and/or moisture is present.
The cover can be unzipped and removed for cleaning (dry clean) and flipping the mattress from soft to firm. Watch this video to learn more about Thermo-Gel:
One of the unique benefits of the Layla Mattress is the choice of firmness levels. Since both the "top" and "bottom" are designed for sleeping, if the soft side is too soft, simply flip the mattress over for a firmer comfort level.
SOFT AND FIRM SIDE for you to decide! With Free Shipping on your order.
Our Rating: 4 out of 10 - with 1 being soft and 10 firm
- The 3" copper-infused memory foam falls into a mid-soft level. It's not too soft and it's below the medium range of softness.
- If you frequently sleep on your back, you may not like the soft side. But if you are a side sleeper it should be soft enough to prevent any tension in your spine.
- The soft side provides enough firmness to keep your back in proper alignment.
Our Rating: 8 out of 10 - with 1 being soft and 10 firm
- The 1" firm side is definitely firmer and better for sleepers who lay on their back as it will provide more support.
- If you find it is too hard at first, you may want to give it a little break-in time. Some users have found that it does become slightly softer.
These characteristics fall into a personal preference category, one is not necessarily better than the other, it simply depends on what you prefer. Similar to a mattress's firmness, many of these characteristics will be influenced by your individual body build.
Three important steps Layla takes to keep their mattress cool
Memory foam mattresses are not always a good fit for individuals who are prone to overheating. With that in mind, the company has gone to great lengths to build a number of features into the Layla mattress which help prevent overheating.
- ThermoGel Cover - Offers a subtle coolness to the touch.
- Copper Infused Memory Foam - Allows heat to travel away from your body as it's dispersed into the mattress.
- Air Flow Layer - Located below the soft layer, it's designed with deep peaks and valleys to increase the breathability of the mattress.
Our Rating: Very Good
Sitting on the edge of any foam mattress will create a lot of depth, and Layla is no exception. However, if you lay on the edge, both the soft and firm side feels secure and provides very good edge support.
Our Rating: Very Good
For many buyers, how well a mattress is able to isolate the movements on one side of the bed from being felt on the other side is a primary concern. Both the soft and firm side does very well at isolating movement.
Our Rating: 6 out of 10 - with 1 being "bouncy" and 10 "melty"
Memory foam mattresses are known for providing a slow "melting into the bed" feel. However, some mattresses offer more of a "bouncy" feel.
Layla doesn't have a lot of bounce on either the soft or firm side, but at the same time it doesn't provide the deep memory foam feel you might expect. It's a fairly quick responding memory foam, but it does provide a degree of memory mattress feel.
Ease of Repositioning
Our Rating: Very Good
How easy is it to change sleeping positions? Since Layla is made with quick responding memory foam, it doesn't have the "melting into the bed" feel that can make rolling over difficult and leave you feeling as though you are stuck in a hole.
Our Rating: Soft Side: Deeper than Average / Firm Side: Very Shallow
A mattress with a lot of cushioning depth will feel as though you are sleeping within your mattress. Low cushioning depth provides more of a floating-on-top feeling.
The 2 sides of the Layla are very different. The soft side provides deep cushioning as you might expect. The firm side provides significantly less cushioning.
Convinced that Layla is the right mattress for you? Try it out for 4 months!
38” x 74” x 10”
38” x 80” x 10”
54” x 74” x 10”
60” x 80” x 10”
76” x 80” x 10”
72” x 84” x 10”
*Price subject to change
After you order your new Layla mattress, the company will ship it within 2-3 business days. Once it is built, compressed and packed it'll be sent thru FedEx Ground and you'll receive an email with tracking details.
When your Layla arrives, you'll need to unbox it within 2 weeks. Then simply unroll the mattress and allow it to expand. It's as easy as that, and you'll be able to sleep on it that evening!
The Layla mattress is well designed and made from high quality materials, but is it right for you?
If you are looking for a mattress that has a lot of bounce, or gives you the slow melting into the bed feel, this is not the bed for you. However, the soft side is excellent for side sleepers and back sleepers should enjoy the firm side.
Medium softness level
Firm softness level
Deeper than average cushioning
Very shallow cushioning
A touch of memory feel
Virtually no memory feel
Need more information? Visit LaylaSleep.com.