The Stiebel Eltron 24 Tempra Plus is a whole house electric tankless water heater that provides both comfort and reliability. It operates completely silent, and never runs out of water. Yet it's capable of maintaining a constant temperature and save on energy costs.
The digital display allows you to accurately set and monitor your temperature settings and it even has 2 pre-set memory selections that you can program. We'll take a close look at this exceptional electric tankless and help you determine if it's the right unit for your household.
The Stiebel Eltron Tempra 24 Plus is designed for anyone looking for a limitless supply of hot water from an electric tankless. If you enjoy long, hot showers, yet want your water heater to operate with efficiency, this unit is worth a closer look.
No matter what your typical water demands are, the Stiebel Eltron can pass the test, and it uses approximately 15 to 20 percent less energy than a standard tank-style water heater.
Engineered in Germany, the Tempra 24 Plus is built with advanced flow control which allows the tankless to maintain a constant water temperature. It automatically detects if the demand for hot water is exceeding its capacity and slightly reduces the flow.
The newly designed sleek white models replace the gray models. Although they're still built with all the quality and cutting edge technology you'd expect, they also have a few additional features within their enhanced digital display.
Since there's no need for expensive venting, the Tempra 24 Plus can be installed nearly anywhere. And, the compact size means it can squeeze into the tightest of spaces.
But don't let it's good looks and versitility fool you, this unit is armed with two solid copper heating chambers built for maximum heating efficiency. In fact, 99% of the energy it draws is used in heating your hot water!
- CONTINUOUS FLOW – Advanced Flow Control patented technology invented by Stiebel Eltron, automatically maintains water temperature for constant comfort. It’ll reduce flow slightly if hot water demand exceeds capacity. Hot showers will never be interrupted again
- SPACE & ENERGY SAVER – Its small, sleek white design saves space yet still provides endless hot water for your whole house, and no venting is required. Eco friendly unit saves energy with auto-modulation and the ability to electronically control water flow. Savings monitor even shows how much you save on energy costs
- EASY OPERATION – Electronic switch activates the hot water heater and it’s noise free while in use. Has a digital temperature display and preset temperature and memory buttons, while the interior solid copper heating system does all the power work
- TEMPRA 24 PLUS – This specific model is 24kW, 240V, requires a min recommended electric service of 150 A, and offers an output water temperature of 68° to 140°F. Check our guides below to compare features of our various Trend and Plus models, each available in different kW levels
- WARRANTIES INCLUDED – Stiebel Eltron’s top-rated electric tankless water heaters perform with the highest standards for comfort and reliability. Our 7-Year Leakage and 3-Year Parts Warranties are included with purchase
- The digital interface provides you with ultimate control.
- Advanced Flow Control means you'll have a consistent hot water temperature, regardless of demand. No cold water surprises!
- Without mechanical switches, the tankless runs completely silent.
- The compact design allows the unit to be installed in tight spaces.
- Two solid copper heating chambers.
- Designed with self-modulating energy savings which constantly monitors and adjusts the energy output so as little energy as possible is used.
- If your home is older or isn't able to handle the electrical demands, you'll need to upgrade your electrical system. This could be very expensive and, in most cases, simply not cost effective.
- The price is higher than most electric tankless water heaters, but quality and cutting edge technology comes at a price.
The Stiebel Eltron Tempra 24 Plus is a well-designed electric tankless water heater, here are just a few of the key features you'll find:
Microprocessor-Controlled Temperature Regulation
The Tempra 24 Plus leads the way when it comes to temperature control. As long as water is running thru the unit, the temperature and flow sensors are constantly monitoring and sending data to the microprocessor where adjustments are sent to the heating elements to power up or down.
Turn off a faucet, the microprocessor lowers the amount of power needed in the heating chamber, and the other open faucet never even feels the difference - in both temperature or flow.
Advanced Flow Control
This exclusive feature automatically makes adjustments to the water flow when the Tempra 24 Plus sensors detect that the demand for hot water is exceeding the unit's capacity to deliver.
Advanced Flow Control can be particularly helpful in large households where a high flow demand happens from time-to-time. It can also be a handy feature in colder climates or locations where a larger model isn't feasible.
Watch the Video
Digital Temperature Display
The convenient front panel display is more than just a digital temperature monitor. You'll be able to set your desired output water temperature between 86 to 140F and program 2 pre-set temperature memory buttons. Simply set things up one time, and you'll never need to revisit your settings again.
During normal operation, you can monitor the current temperature and flow rate, so you'll know exactly how much water is passing thru the unit. You'll also be able to monitor the capacity level in real time, simply check the 10 segment bar while the unit is running. If you see 3 segments, the unit is operating at 30% capacity.
And, if you're curious about how much money you're saving over a tank-style water heater, the Tempra 24 Plus can even track this information for you. You can watch the savings accumulate or reset it every month.
Built-in Safety Features
In the case of overheating, the Tempra 24 Plus is designed to protect itself from expensive damage and prevent injuries to your family due to scalding hot water.
The first line of defense is the microprocessor based thermostatic control, but if for any reason this system fails, you can rest assured that the thermal limit switches will kick in.
Each of the 2 copper heating chambers is equipped with a thermal limit switch that will automatically shut down the heating module if the output water temperature reaches an unsafe point.
Two Copper Heating Modules
There's little doubt that the Tempra 24 Plus is an exceptional electric tankless water heater, but let's face it, all the fancy bells-and-whistles won't matter if it isn't able to deliver hot water efficiently.
Stiebel Eltron didn't cut any corners when it comes to the heart of this tankless. The two copper heating chambers each have multiple heating elements which engage in stages. This allows the unit to quickly and effectively heat the water to your desired temperature. And with proper maintenance, your Tempra 24 Plus should last a very long time!
If you live in an area where the incoming water temperature can drop below 42 degrees Fahrenheit, the Stiebel Eltron Tempra 24 Plus is an excellent choice. Many tankless water heaters, especially electric units, struggle in this temperature range.
The Tempra 24 Plus is capable of delivering a respectable 2.6 GPM (gallons per minute) of hot water when the incoming water is as low as 42F. This should be able to effectively service one shower and one faucet at the same time.
Of course, when the incoming water temperature is warmer, the unit is even more impressive. At it's peak performance, when the incoming water is 72 degrees Fahrenheit, it can deliver 5.0 GPM, which will service 3 showers simultaneously.
Stiebel Eltron has an excellent sizing chart on their website to help you find the right sized tankless to meet your needs. Or you can use our Water Heater Sizing Calculator to help you assess your hot water needs so you can find the right size for your household.
No other manufacturer offers the precise hot water temperature that Stiebel Eltron delivers with their Tempra Plus series. With Advanced Flow Control and microprocessor temperature regulations, even if conditions aren't optimial, you can take your shower without temperature flucuations.
The superior design, German technology and solid warranty makes the Tempra 24 Plus a very popular electric tankless whole house water heater, and its an excellent choice for nearly any household.
However, the price tag may mean that this tankless might not be feasible for every budget. In addition, if you're planning on moving within a few years, the higher price means you're probably best installing a less expensive model, such as the EcoSmart 24. Read our full review of the EcoSmart 24 HERE.
Stiebel Eltron has both larger and smaller units available. If you find that the Tempra 24 Plus doesn't meet your hot water needs, the Tempra 29 Plus delivers a powerful 29 Kw and is an excellent choice for multiple showers running simultaneously.
Another obstacle is if you live in an older home that can not support the power demands of the Tempra 24 Plus. In these situations, expensive electrical work is necessary and you're likely not a good match for an electric tankless water heater.
Electric units require quite a bit of electricity in order to operate and if you need to upgrade your home, this can be very expensive, and seldom cost-effective. You may want to consider purchasing a gas tankless instead, such as the Rheem RTG.
The bottom line is, if you're looking for an electric whole house tankless water heater, and your home has the electrical power to support one, the Stiebel Eltron Tempra 24 Plus is an excellent choice.
Last update on 2021-06-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API